Cherimoya it’s an exotic but delicious kind of fruit, it has a different texture, is delicious, taste like strawberries, coconut and bananas, all those flavors In just one bite, its light green, heart -shaped rounded, with small circles around the fruit. The pulp is white , very soft, creamy and sweet. The seeds are no problem they easily detach from the pulp.
The name comes from the Quechua word chirimuya, meaning “cold seeds” because it is grown in height. Some representations of the cherimoya in pre-Inca ceramics were found by archaeologists, with whom was found that this fruit was cultivated since ancient times. At the time of the conquest, the Spaniards know this fruit, were delighted by the taste and texture, and took her to Spain in the eighteenth century, from there he went to Africa. Because it is a delicious and much appreciated fruit is grown in other countries like Chile, Ecuador, Bolivia, United States, Spain and South. In Peru the production area is in the city of Lima, Cajamarca, Piura, Junin and Apurimac. It is a very delicate fruit so it requires to be very careful especially when it is transported.
Because this fruit is sweet, is usually used as a main ingredient in the preparation of desserts, ice cream, juice , fruit salad , cakes , jams , yogurt, soufflés , custard apple liqueur , among others, this opens a lot of possibilities to try.
But that’s not all, this fruit has many benefits:
– Cherimoyas contain 75% water, lots of carbohydrates (glucose and fructose). The cherimoya is ideal for diets, thanks mainly to its low fat content.
– Also cherimoya has a great laxative power. Is recommended to people with poor intestinal transit.
– You can also emphasize its vitamin C, which exerts antioxidant and is useful in combating colds.
– For its low sodium, rich in potassium and low in fat is recommended for people who suffer from hypertension or cardiac disorders or blood vessels. Likewise, also it reduces cholesterol levels.
– A cherimoyas is also gives balancing action of the nervous system, so it can be used as an anxiolytic and calming.
We can find cherimoya in markets all over Lima, it’s a delicious and has many benefits, come to Lima and taste this amazing Peruvian fruit.